Friday, March 1, 2013

Life is not always easy...

The last 7 months have been an emotional roller coaster. I have thought about blogging a few times but still didn't feel ready to deal with my emotions enough to figure out what to say. A little over 7 months ago my mom had an appointment with her doctor to go over her results from the latest mri and everything still looked the same. So we all started to get very hopeful that she would be able to meet her newest grandson. But within a week everything changed. The day of my baby shower my dad took her to the hospital because what we thought was maybe an ear infection had become a lot worse. While in the hospital they could not figure out what the infection was but it was clear very quickly that there was nothing that could be done, so my mom and dad decided to take her home with hospice. Thankfully my doctor allowed me to still go down and spend a little time with her. It was the hardest thing in the world to see her like that but it was worth it to still see her be able to smile a little and let us know she loved us. She couldn't really talk at all but it was so apparent that she was ready to say goodbye and go home. We prayed for a peaceful and quick ending and God answered our prayers. She went to be with the Lord on August 18th with a house full of people who loved her dearly. I miss her so much every day but I know she is in such a better place. No more being trapped in a body that wasn't working, now singing with words that work, and I'm sure playing with her grandbaby in heaven.
Then on September 21st we had our precious baby, Greyson Kristopher Mykel. He was born a few weeks early because my fluid levels were low but he was perfectly healthy and wonderful. It was so hard to not have my mom there to celebrate with us but my dad raced up to be there with us, he even got to spend time with him before I did :o) Greyson is one of the happiest babies ever. He loves to just sit and watch his brother and sister play. He is now already 5 months old so he is rolling all over the place and laughing at everyone and everything.
I had a very hard time recovering from the c-section again, so multiple trips to the hospital and another surgery. Greyson has had bronchiolitis 3 times in the last 5 months so he has been in the emergency room more than my other two kiddos combined. He even ended up being admitted last week for a few days because his oxygen levels would not stay up. Other than than that we have just been sick constantly this year. All of this has been really hard to deal with on top of missing my mom so much and all the wonderful postpartum emotions, but God has kept us going. I have clung to the song by Plumb that talks about crying out to God for strength to just keep breathing. I don't expect life to become perfect but I know that He will sustain us and show us daily how our new life will be. He has given me three amazing children to give me so much joy through the pain. So even though life has been so hard and exhausting, it has also been wonderful and eye opening.
Our new journey is learning about allergies and eczema because Greyson is our first baby to deal with that. So be expecting a lot of blogs related to that! Thanks everyone for reading!




1 comment: